Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Some Musings

Firstly, I have received my official acceptance into the ING NYC 2008 Marathon. As a runner for Team for Kids this was not unexpected, just the timing. I thought I would get my official entrance email after the lottery but it arrived yesterday!!

I've been using Hal Higdon's Intermediate 10-K program for speed training before I begin my official 18 week Marathon training program. Last week I did 8x440yrds at between 7:30 and 8:05 pace. Felt pretty good after too. I am definitely noticing that I am getting faster. Most of this I attribute to the general improvement in fitness that comes within the first year of running (i've only been running 7 months). My pace for short distance training runs has gone from 12:00 pace to between 9 and 9:30 pace. With the hotter more humid weather I think its pretty safe to assume that this will level off rather quickly as temps of 70 or above really begin to affect pace for a given effort. I think its safe to say that for me between 50 and 55 degrees is my preferred weather..a bit overcast as well with a slight breeze.

1 comment:

Danny said...

well now it's official!