Sunday, February 10, 2008

False Alarm?

At lot has happened over the past few days. On Friday I went to my orthopedist who diagnosed me with Piriformis Syndrome. I'm somewhat skeptical because since friday I've run a 3 mile easy on Saturday and a 7 mile easy today pain free. In fact today's 7 was my first LSD sub 10 min yet. He reccomended physical therapy. There they will make me do all the stretches that I do now and some new ones for the Piriformis Muscle which I began on Friday. I'm clearly no doctor but I think the pain I experienced on Wednesday was extreme soreness from my race and the subsequent DOMS associated with that. I will continue to do everyday the new streches I have learned and hope that I can continue along my course before all this occurrred (fingers crossed). Oh I got a massage yesterday, that helped as well no doubt. We will see about PT, I've never been a big fan.

No comments: