Thursday, February 28, 2008

Something A Little Different

Today due to the fact it was so cold, windy and icey. I decided to run my 5k in the gym. Ok I lied it was due to the fact that I don't own a scale and I really wanted to weigh myself for the first time in a month. While on the treadmill I noticed for the first time an option that said "5k Nature Run". It looked interesting so I chose my pace and proceeded to run. Basically the setting is suppose to simulate the ups and downs (hills) of an outdoor run. It actually turned out pretty hard as the grade at some points was 4.5% and I bascially train on flat courses. Yeah it was good because I've known for a while in the back of my head I need to do some hill work or mix it up now and then on a hilly course like Central Park. It was tough but satisfying. Oh yeah I weighed myself and had lost about 4lbs since the last time which was almost a month ago. I'm not really dieting but eating healthy and clearly my target optimium running weight has not been reached as I continue to lose will amply giving my body what it needs.

No comments: